Writing Good Quality Articles
The internet is all about content whether it’s good, bad, vague or weird. For you to attract traffic to your article or website you need unique content that captures a reader’s imagination and will keep them on the page and coming back for more. The use of keywords and link building for SEO by search engines is a major challenge for all bloggers. This is where article writing tips come in handy, the more you know the easier it is
Major blog owners are using the correct ranking process, which is getting ranked by the consistent posting of good quality content.
Here are some Easy Article Writing tips
What is makes a good quality article? A quality article informs, entertains, convinces or converts, and conveys a compelling message in a clear and concise manner.
Guides in the creation of a quality article.
- Your article should contain resources that are useful.
- It should contain practical tips that your readers can use and easily apply. Step by step ‘How to’s’ are often popular.
- If you are writing an article on a topic that encourages discussion, you should give an alternative view and encourage readers to discuss the topic.
- Your content should have your ‘voice’ that makes it personal to you. Adding your own experiences can help the reader identify with you. Once your readers know the content is consistently good you will have established a degree of trust with them that will bring them back regularly.
- When writing your article any facts should be supported with references and links to the original post. That way they can check the original and read further if they wish.
- When writing about a topic or idea be sure the information good quality and up to date. It’s no good writing about methods of doing things on the internet from 10 years ago.
Wikipedia has a page on articles HERE
- This page advises on article layout and style, and on making an article clear, precise and relevant to the reader.
has a page on
What Constitutes Bad Content
If there are quality articles, it means there should be rubbish articles also. Rubbish or bad articles are those that have no relevance, its just writing for writings sake.
Tips to avoid when writing a good article:
- Affiliate links: Too many affiliate links is not considered a good idea.
- To many repetitive sentences without substance can put people off. You sometimes see this when people are trying to reach a set word count. It may meet the criteria set but is boring for the reader.
- Too much of a hard sell is very off putting for potential customers and readers. You aren’t there to make a hard sales pitch. What you are there for is to introduce things that your customers will find useful or will solve a problem they may have. If a person makes enquiries and you cannot help with what they seek then you can always send them in the direction of help that is available. You wont get that sale but they will be back because you were so helpful and solved a problem for them.
- Guest Posting: When writing articles for guest posting check their guidelines and write accordingly. Going off topic will not get it accepted.
Proofread all you write
Most of the time you write and just assume your content is good and it’s ready to publish without checking. That’s not always the case. You should proofread your articles and check the spelling etc. Though there are plug ins that will check spelling and give a reading on the SEO. A good one will also show when your article falls short in the SEO department with advice on what to add where. A good one that I use is Rank Math and its free. The website gives a rundown on all the features. Certainly worthwhile to give it try. When I added it to my sites I went back over previous posts and discovered that many early ones had a very low score. Those were changed and re added to Google Console.
Programs like Grammarly and so many others can also be useful but even then its a good idea to check the article over just to ensure there isn’t a glaring error that was missed.
Check the word count too if you want it an optimum length to be indexed by Google and moved up the ranks.
It happens to us all at some point or other. You sit down to write but words just won’t flow and you lose your focus. You try a bit of brainstorming but that comes up blank too. Then you try reading a few blogs for inspiration, playing around with keywords but still the words aren’t there.
What do you do?
Talk to Someone
When you experience writers block, it can be good to talk to someone. To a friend or a family member maybe. Whoever is supportive of your work. Tell them you are looking for inspiration and see what happens.
Do Some Exercises
Sometimes a block can be due to stress from an event or situation. In that case walk away from your work and focus on something else. Go for a walk or a run, if you like running, do yoga or some other form of exercise for a while.
Meditation can be an excellent way to set the mind free and bring new ideas.
Something I do is every time I get an idea for a post I write it as a post title. Then I will start writing a few lines that came with the idea. After coming to a natural halt, I will save the new post as a draft to add to later. I do this quite often as when the idea appears I might not have the time to research and write the piece there and then but I don’t want to forget about it.
That way there are often several blogs posts waiting to be fleshed out. If you have no ideas you can look through those waiting until one sparks interest. Or try adding a few more lines to each and one will have you writing more.
Sometimes we subconsciously sabotage ourselves. Read about limiting beliefs in this post. HERE!
The Variety of Article Styles
What sort of articles would be best for you to write? So what sort are there?
- Articles about tips (as this one)
- Comparison articles ( comparing products)
- Articles about personal experiences (depending upon the blog niche)
- Review Articles
- How to articles
There are of course more but this gives you the general idea.
So there are many variations to focus upon. The articles or posts you write will of course depend upon the niche you have chosen and that will determine your topics.
Whatever you focus upon, if you have personal experience the reader will often like to hear about it. It gives them a connection with you and helps build the trust.
The main thing is to fill your website/blog with good quality content that will be interesting enough to bring people back and rank well with Google. The more you rise up Googles ranks, the more traffic you are likely to get to your website.
Tips for starting a website. READ HERE!
Read about my recommendation for hosting and training HERE!
Thank you for visiting and reading this post/article. If you enjoyed these easy article writing tips or found them helpful, please share.
Questions and comments welcome.