Every year or so there is a new and exciting product or range of products on the market. It explodes into the news, on social media and in articles all over the place
It happened with aloe & lanolin, antioxidants, and acai. Now it is happening with CBD oil (Cannabidiol).
Hemp vs Marijuana…There’s a Difference?
For those that do not know, CBD oil is one of the active ingredients in marijuana and hemp. No, they are not the same thing but closely related. One glaring difference is this: Industrial hemp is now legal to grow and use in the US (2018 Farm Bill), while marijuana remains illegal to cultivate and use in many states and at the federal level
Industrial hemp is also legal to grow in the UK now. All hemp farmers in the UK, must have a licence to grow and sell hemp, and one of the conditions of this is that the level of THC is no higher than 0.2%.
What’s the difference between hemp and marijuana?
Hemp and marijuana are, taxonomically speaking, the same plant; they are different names for the same genus (Cannabis) and species.
“Hemp and marijuana even look and smell the same,” says Tom Melton, deputy director of NC State Extension. “The difference is that hemp plants contain no more than 0.3 percent (by dry weight) of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive substance found in marijuana. By comparison, marijuana typically contains 5 to 20 percent THC. You can’t get high on hemp.”
In the USA, Cannabis plants with 0.3 percent or less of THC are hemp. Cannabis plants with more than 0.3 percent THC are marijuana.”
CBD is not considered a controlled substance in the UK, and is therefore 100% legal. The UK has set the maximum THC content of hemp at 0.2%. Therefore, any Hemp oil with higher THC than 0.2% is considered medical marijuana instead, and is therefore illegal under current UK law.
Hemp is used in a wide variety of industries, including the CBD industry.
Ever heard of hempcrete? It is a building material used instead of traditional concrete. See the video below for more information on hempcrete.
Hemp has been made into clothing, dishes, paper, and ink, to name just a few.
A hemp car has even been built. The body is so strong you can hit it without denting it. Really.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD requires a carrier oil to be effective. Usually, this is taken sublingually and can be applied topically to relieve muscle and joint aches.
There are a lot of companies that have cropped up in the last few years that offer CBD oil. It is in health food stores, vape shops, herb shops, and online.
Do take care when shopping for CBD. The industry is not yet well regulated and like anything new, it can be copied in a way that ruins it’s properties. Cheaper is not always good. Creating quality products that help rather than hinder does cost more.
The quality CBD oils, the more medicinal blends, are made from hemp, not marijuana. This means you will not get high, as CBD is the non-psychoactive ingredient in marijuana and hemp.
I have explored one website in depth to get a better understanding of what CBD is and what using it is supposed to do.
CBDPure is an online distributor of CBD products.
What is CBD?
CBD (Cannabidiol) is a potent, non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in hemp oil. It is typically extracted from industrial hemp plants that are naturally high in CBD and other phytochemicals. It is the most prevalent of over 80 different cannabinoids found in natural hemp. It is commonly used for its therapeutic properties. Cannabidiol is responsible for a wide-range of positive health benefits through its interaction with the body’s own endocannabinoid system.
Quality CBD oil is made from organically grown, non-GMO industrial hemp and processed with CO2 or Hypercritical CO2 (carbon dioxide). This assures a purified, quality extraction of the oils and creates an exceptional base for medicinal purposes.
Our bodies have a network of receptors called the Endocannabinoid System. This system drinks CBD like an elixir and sends it all through our bodies, creating beneficial effects. These receptors also respond to THC.
What Can CBD Do?
Recent studies have discovered that CBD oil not only has amazing anti-inflammatory properties but when ingested the CBD helps to utilize the receptors in our bodies. The CB1 receptor, located in the brain, is responsible for Pain, emotion, appetite, clarity of thoughts and memory and coordination.
The CB2 receptors are primarily related to the immune system and inflammation and pain.
When the receptors are activated, with the use of CBD Oil, this is where the body can start the healing process from within.
*WeBMD takes a more pragmatic approach (of course):
CBD Oil: All the Rage, But Is It Safe & Effective?
FROM THE WEBMD ARCHIVES
By Dennis Thompson
MONDAY, May 7, 2018 (HealthDay News) — Cannabidiol (CBD) oil has become the hot new product in states that have legalized medical marijuana.
The non-intoxicating marijuana extract is being credited with helping treat a host of medical problems — everything from epileptic seizures to anxiety to inflammation to sleeplessness.
But experts say the evidence is scant for most of these touted benefits.
Worse, CBD is being produced without any regulation, resulting in products that vary widely in quality, said Marcel Bonn-Miller, an adjunct assistant professor of psychology in psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
“It really is the Wild West,” Bonn-Miller said. “Joe Bob who starts up a CBD company could say whatever the hell he wants on a label and sell it to people.”
Cannabidiol is extracted from the flowers and buds of marijuana or hemp plants. It does not produce intoxication; marijuana’s “high” is caused by the chemical tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
CBD oil is legal in 30 states where medicinal and/or recreational marijuana is legal, according to Governing magazine.
Seventeen additional states have CBD-specific laws on the books, according to Prevention magazine. Those are Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- **CBDPure is a cannabidiol (“CBD”) oil derived from certified organic-standards industrial hemp grown in Colorado, without the use of harmful pesticides and herbicides. The industrial hemp we use has been chosen for its high CBD content and is grown with great care in order to produce a high quality product you can count on, that is tested and certified by third-party lab for every batch.
- If you don’t know already, CBD is the “wonder molecule” occurring naturally in the hemp plant that is responsible for the positive effects on body and mind when consumed. It is one of the most concentrated cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant, though it gets much less attention then its well-known psychoactive cousin, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). When used as a supplement, CBD provides benefits to both body and mind, but without the mind or behavior-altering properties of THC. CBD provides all of the health benefits, with none of the “high”.
- CBDPure is 100% legal and safe to consume. It does not have the psychoactive properties commonly found in recreational cannabis – meaning it does not provide a “high” or intoxicated feeling to users. CBDPure CBD oil contains naturally occurring cannabidiol, terpenes and other cannabinoids to promote overall well-being, in a minimally processed form that preserves what nature intended. The cannabinoid content of all CBDPure products complies with the federal law of the United States.
- CBDPure follows strict cGMP manufacturing guidelines as well as stringent quality control protocols necessary to provide the highest quality CBD product available on the market. From soil to oil, we control and test every link in the chain to make sure every drop of CBDPure is the best, most natural source of CBD available to our customers. The certified lab tests and reports for each lot number and batch are available upon request. You deserve the best for your health and CBDPure ensures our product meets the purity standards and quality our customers demand.**
Organic & Pure
- CBDPure oils are made with non-GMO hemp, grown in Colorado by local farmers. Our hemp oil is minimally processed by following the highest organic standards at every step of our growing, harvesting, and bottling process. When you buy a CBDPure product, you are buying the purest CBD oil from natural sources, that is 100% free of any synthetic or artificial ingredients. We test every batch of oil that we process to ensure that it meets the purity standards that we demand.
Our hemp oil is made with certified non-GMO organic-standards hemp grown in Colorado and is free of contaminants and additives.
The industry is getting bigger daily and the market is flooded with all manner of CBD products.
Educational material is available as well as studies that show CBD can be beneficial in many instances to many people.
I am currently learning how to utilise affiliate online marketing through an excellent community called Wealthy Affiliate. You can explore the site free of charge with limited access to many paid features for the first 7 days.
After that, you have a Starter account at no charge whatsoever. With a Starter account, you can build 2 websites and explore the thorough training program I am taking part in now.
Should you decide to upgrade to Premium (Paid account) within that first week, the first month is only $19.00. * I hope to see you there.
*Bills at $49.00 (or $359.00 per year) from the second month forward, should you decide to continue. No refunds. Cancel anytime.