Ready for Action?
So you have thought endlessly about working from home. The freedom, no commute, working when it suits you, able to go places because your work can go too.
You have been looking at options for months or maybe a year or more. Perhaps you have been caught out by a scam that has made you wary, even more than one.
You have handed over your hard earned cash and got nothing in return!
Sound familiar? Some or all?
You are not alone. Many who now work online successfully were caught out in the same way. It’s a steep learning curve.
Yes, we want to believe those videos of mansions and fast cars, laptops on the beach!
But really ….. a laptop on the beach? Sunlight and a screen for starters ….. and most of all why would you want to? A beautiful day to be enjoyed, that sparkling water…. Surely time off in such a place is the lifestyle you want.
Anyway…. it does it’s job of reeling us in. Then comes the hard sell. YOU can start earning overnight/within days/less than a week. And all this in just a few hours a week! Having already been seduced by those lifestyle scenes you desperately want to believe it. Who wouldn’t, we are all human after all. Then if you are wavering at the extortionate cost, they show you supposed screen shots of their daily/weekly earnings.
WOW! The cost would be covered in no time!
BUT WAIT! If they have made and are still making so much money, why do they want to part you from your hard earned cash?
Does it make you wonder once you take a step back?
The Alternative and Reality.
This doesn’t sound quite so attractive.
1. It will take hard work. A lot of hard work. You will hit obstacles that seem insurmountable. You will have to learn SEO, social media and a ton more.
2. You have to invest your time. The more time you invest the faster you will succeed.
3. You need to follow the training. There is a lot of training available and its tempting to just do the basics and jump right in to trying to earn. You then end up going back and starting the training all over again.
4. There is no shortcut. No shortcuts to learning, you need to do it step by step to build a solid foundation for your business.
5. It can take months, even a year before you see any return. There are some who start earning a little within a few months but it all depends on time invested and the willingness to knuckle down and work hard.
The good part!
1. You learn how to get your website up and running fast. Every obstacle has a solution, provided either by the training or the community.
2. Yes you have to invest time but you are investing in your future. Not easy if you are working a full time job, have a home to run and a family to care for. But the more time invested in the early stages the faster you will start seeing a return.
3. The training is excellent and very comprehensive. I have worked online for 10 years and this made me realise how little I really know. It’s in video format as well as written instructions.
4. There is no shortcut and some will learn more easily and faster than others. It is not a race. We all go at our own pace of learning and within the time we have around other commitments.
5. Yes it can take months, a year or longer. But you are building a long term business and the foundations for anything that lasts needs to be rock solid.
Seems like you have courage and persistence, though I call it stubbornness. It kept me plugging away because I won’t be beaten or give up. That’s also called dedication.
The courage is in staying focused even when family and friends tell you its a waste of time. That you’ll never make any money because there is too much competition.
This is what you tell them:
- There are 4.39 billion internet users in 2019, an increase of 366 million (9 percent) versus January 2018. There are 3.48 billion social media users in 2019, with the worldwide total growing by 288 million (9 percent) since this time last year.30 Jan 2019.*
The persistence/stubbornness is what keeps you going when something changes a lot of things on your site and you can’t recall the last tweaks you made. I am a constant fiddler, tweaking this and that, trying to make it look better. It’s only later looking at it from the front that you realise or ask for site comments, as I did, and the comments are suggesting things I already have. Or did have before the ‘improvements’.
Dedication is something you need in spades. It keeps you going when a tired little voice says, have a rest, watch TV, stay in bed, sleep longer, go to bed earlier. It gets you out of bed to get started on that new post, do some research, do your business social media etc, before the day starts.. Also keeps you up later for the same reasons.
Not Put Off YET?
Then how about a bit of fun? How about you have a go at building a website, not just any website but a wordpress website.
I looked at WordPress websites over the years but when with an easier option, thinking it was much too complicate for me to do. The sense of achievement when I built my first one was amazing and each one I built after that added to my knowledge.
Of course creating the site and adding the basics isn’t all its about. There is more to add.
This is more to show that it is a quick and easy process to get started. The way you personalise your site is then up to you and the training is there to help you with all that.
Click on the picture and have a look.
What did you think? Did you try it? Did you sign up for the free start to give it a go.
Do you WANT to give it a try?
It gives you the chance to look about and see the training that’s offered for free. I have to admit, it had me hooked. At that point I was still wary having seen so many get rich quick schemes, sign here and work 2 hours a week systems that had no substance.
In the first week you are offered the chance to try the Premium training for the first month at half price, if you sign up to it within the first 7 days.
I decided to do that just to see what was on offer. Best thing I ever did. I knew then that this was what I wanted to do. I would not only learn how to build and run a website, change and and make it mine, I would learn affiliate marketing too. From there I could build any other sustainable business I choose.
All the tools are there, the amazing community is there to help and all you have to do is follow the training, put in the hours and hard work to build your business. In that respect its the same as any other business you have to work to get it off the ground.
Word of warning!
It’s not for everyone. Not everyone is prepared to work that hard towards their future, they want it all now.
Do people fail? Of course. The minute they give up they have failed and all the previous hard work was for nothing. Not surprisingly many of those return months or years later ready to give it another try. Usually regretting the wasted time when their business could have already have rescued them from the 9-5 routine.
More and more people are working online, either freelancing, working for themselves or for someone else, ie: a company. Many companies allow and even encourage their employees to work from home. It means less office space required and desk sharing becomes the norm, it all saves on costs.
As more work moves from the real world to online, the opportunities grow. It’s a good time to be making the move with internet users increasing exponentially.
The nay sayers say its overcrowded everyone is fighting for the custom but you only have to Google the figures to know the truth. Something you should do anyway, by the way. Don’t take my word or anyone’s word as gospel, check for yourself, it’s the best way.
Ultimately I believe this is a growing market for the entrepreneur.
What do you think?
Got a question? Please ask.
If you enjoyed this blog post and found it useful, please share.